ZenBB
A MyBB design for your MyBB forums.

Are xyz domains bad?
pixloger Offline

When I first came to know new domain names .XYZ was little lower than todays. So, I once decided to get one. When I visited to see the list of domain names I saw the cost is very similar to others.

Later I came to know .XYZ is banned on facebook and then many bitcoin site are marked as fraud. And those are using .XYZ

So, is this name just the sign that we are in the wrong place and should not participate in these?

JJakez Offline
Got word that this was posted in the wrong forum. Fixed. [img]<___base_url___>/uploads/emoticons/Smile.png.3353a6dfb44608fe8559933476649da5.png[/img]

Historical Offline

Quote:When I first came to know new domain names .XYZ was little lower than todays. So, I once decided to get one. When I visited to see the list of domain names I saw the cost is very similar to others. 

Later I came to know .XYZ is banned on facebook and then many bitcoin site are marked as fraud. And those are using .XYZ

So, is this name just the sign that we are in the wrong place and should not participate in these?

Well depends on how you define bad. It is a TLD (truly generic). The "bad" for .xyz domains are that they are not as widely known and in some cases have performed worse when it comes to SEO (same linkbacks but less responses compared to .com for example).

There are no "bad" domains, it just relates to the purpose of the domain.

pixloger Offline

Yes, there is no bad domain but I do not know any genuine site with .XYZ

What is the reason people use this domain for making ponzy programs? I just saw a site which seems me scam - profitdrip.xyz

Historical Offline

Quote:Yes, there is no bad domain but I do not know any genuine site with .XYZ 

What is the reason people use this domain for making ponzy programs? I just saw a site which seems me scam - profitdrip.xyz

Well, one of Googles parent companies use an XYZ (https://abc.xyz/), https://www.starship.xyz/, https://www.engine.xyz/ etc.

Well, any domain extension can be used as a scam. There are serious sites that use xyz, keep in mind XYZ is not an old domain extension, only been around for what, 4 years ish.

erich Offline
I've never used any domain other than .net or .com. I wasn't aware that there were any more other than .net .com .org .tv

pixloger Offline

I didn't know about those domain names of Google. This is why I joined to such groups/forum to get more information...

How worthy .XYZ domain is...?

Historical Offline

Quote:I didn't know about those domain names of Google. This is why I joined to such groups/forum to get more information... 

How worthy .XYZ domain is...?

Do you mean to purchase or to sell? Purchasing a .xyz is around 10-13USD, selling one can earn you more but it depends, you'd need someone that desperately is looking for just that domain with just .xyz extension. This domain is still a TLD (top level domain).

I personally would always go for .com/.net first depending on the purpose of my site.

pixloger Offline
Is (.XYZ) it good for a community or a company?

erich Offline

Quote:Is (.XYZ) it good for a community or a company?

I would say better for a community vs a business. Business domains have always been .com or .net usually.