ZenBB
A MyBB design for your MyBB forums.

Resolved Trophy Icons
Historical Offline
Hey,
Perhaps we could add some icons to the trophies that exist on the site?

JJakez Offline
That's a good idea! Hmph.

Carlos Offline

Quote:Hey, 

Perhaps we could add some icons to the trophies that exist on the site?

Just keep in mind, xenForo 2.0 is kinda new. It just released a few months ago.

Historical Offline

Quote:Just keep in mind, xenForo 2.0 is kinda new. It just released a few months ago.

I know, but XF never includes Trophy Icons by default.

Carlos Offline

Quote:I know, but XF never includes Trophy Icons by default.

Even today, the XF1 line is bare in the same exact way. I don't even know how to add images without adding a plugin. That's why we don't add it. XF2 is the same way. Site owners has been pushing XF team to make it easy to implement for years. This is not going to change unless XF listens. Until then, it's a plugin. Most of them don't implement it correctly.

erich Offline
Quote:Even today, the XF1 line is bare in the same exact way. I don't even know how to add images without adding a plugin. That's why we don't add it. XF2 is the same way. Site owners has been pushing XF team to make it easy to implement for years. This is not going to change unless XF listens. Until then, it's a plugin. Most of them don't implement it correctly.

Totally agree. In some areas Xen is easy to use in others it lacks so much. The debate at Xenforo is always "Bloat Bloat Bloat". What one person's "must need feature" is another person's bloat.

While I can agree to those viewpoints, I point to other software like IPS - that have a solid core. It's core is a CMS and forums are a part of that suite. Xenforo is just a forum.

Carlos Offline

Quote:Totally agree. In some areas Xen is easy to use in others it lacks so much. The debate at Xenforo is always "Bloat Bloat Bloat". What one person's "must need feature" is another person's bloat. 

While I can agree to those viewpoints, I point to other software like IPS - that have a solid core. It's core is a CMS and forums are a part of that suite. Xenforo is just a forum.

As much as I hate bloat, there are features that needs to be added. This is one of them. Another feature that should've been in the core is covers. Currently, "covers" are done by plugin, but it should've been part of the core from the get-go. IPS made it part of the core. XF is behind in feature set that makes them easy to "beat." IPS is beating XF by features, and therefore, owners are likely to jump to IPS. I just saw a Nintendo Forum jump from xenForo to ...IPS. I think it's a bad move, because XF has really, really strong SEO right out of the box.

erich Offline
Quote:As much as I hate bloat, there are features that needs to be added. This is one of them. Another feature that should've been in the core is covers. Currently, "covers" are done by plugin, but it should've been part of the core from the get-go. IPS made it part of the core. XF is behind in feature set that makes them easy to "beat." IPS is beating XF by features, and therefore, owners are likely to jump to IPS. I just saw a Nintendo Forum jump from xenForo to ...IPS. I think it's a bad move, because XF has really, really strong SEO right out of the box.

I'm a personal fan of IPS - their support sucks though. That said, the features out of the box are pretty amazing. One feature I wish Xen had out of the box is "promote to social media". This was something I LOVED about IPS. I could allow staff members, with the push of a single button, promote content directly to our social media pages - without them ever having to log into the social media account itself. It was very very efficient.

erich Offline
Since we have moved to a new system , I will mark this one resolved.